Fire officials respond to propane tank explosion near Hamilton
HAMILTON, Mont. - A propane tank explosion severely damaged a fifth wheel trailer north of Hamilton.
It happened at the Black Rabbit Trailer Park Monday morning.
Hamilton fire chief Brad Mohn said the couple in the trailer are okay.
He said a propane leak caused the explosion. Mohn said there was a man outside the trailer at the time and a woman was inside.
He said the woman got out safely and neither suffered injuries.
Next door neighbor Forrest Goldman saw the flames.
"That's when I ran out," said Goldman, " got my shoes on and ran outside and they were okay.His hair was singed and everything, but he was okay.
Chief Mohn said propane had settled underneath the trailer, and reached an ignition source and exploded.