Missoula hotel evacuated due to small fire


MISSOULA, Mont. - A Missoula hotel was evacuated in the middle of the night after a fire alarm went off.

NBC Montana arrived at the La Quinta Inn on North Reserve just after 2:00 a.m. Wednesday. Dozens of people were standing around in the cold with many more sitting in their running vehicles.

Missoula City Police said it appears that a candle burned down into a piece of furniture, causing it to catch fire. The damage was limited to the room it happened in but smoke filled the second floor hallway. Officers say the incident appears to have been an accident.

The hotel was evacuated for about 45 minutes.