Ravalli County firefighters respond to second house fire in 2 days


Firefighters in Ravalli County fought their second serious house fire in two days. Florence and Stevensville departments responded to haul in water to knock down the flames in the two-story home.

Yesterday a fire gutted a family home near Corvallis.

Today a couple is without their home at 504 Sweeney Creek Loop. That is just off Highway 93 south of Florence.

Firefighters say the man and woman were not home when the fire started. Officials speculate it may have started as a chimney fire and grew. A dog and cat are unaccounted for.

According to Florence Fire Captain Nick Monaco, "We arrived on scene in less than 10 minutes of the alarm time. We arrived to find a fully engulfed structure fire. We were flowing water in less than 30 seonds from our arrival on-scene to establish a defensive attack at that point, because the structure was fully engulfed."