Carbon monoxide likely cause of camper deaths
CASCADE, Mont. (AP) —
The Latest on the bodies of two people found at a Montana fishing access site (all times local):
Authorities in Cascade County say a couple whose bodies were found in a camper at a Missouri River fishing access site likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Sheriff's Lt. Bob Rosipal said Monday that the bodies of 66-year-old Randy Rodencal and 82-year-old Alta Rodencal of Lewistown were found Sunday afternoon at the Pelican Point fishing access site about 6 miles (10 kilometers) south of Cascade.
Rosipal says their deaths appear to be accidental due to carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator. Investigators are awaiting toxicology reports from the state crime lab to confirm the cause of their deaths.
The bodies of an elderly couple were found in a camper at a fishing access site along the Missouri River south of Cascade.
Cascade County Sheriff Bob Edwards said Sunday the deaths were being investigated, but no foul play is suspected. Their names have not been released.
The bodies were found Sunday afternoon at the Pelican Point fishing access site about 6 miles (10 kilometers) south of Cascade.