Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibilityFire destroys shop near Victor Sunday | KECI
Close Alert

Man suffers burns in shop fire near Victor


Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

A Victor man has suffered serious burns in a shop fire north of Victor.

Victor Fire Chief Scott Hackett said the man was cleaning a carburetor in his shop and was burned over 50 percent of his body.

It happened on Grace Lane about 1 p.m. Sunday.

Firefighters from Victor, Stevensville, Corvallis and Pinesdale responded, staging their engines in a long line nearby,

The shop is a total loss.

"There was an explosion," said Chief Hackett. "The man's wife came out and saw her husband coming out of the shop and he was transported the hospital."

Hackett said the man was on his way to a burn unit in Salt Lake City.

An outbuilding next to the shop was severely damaged in the fire and a boat was destroyed as well.

Crews spent the afternoon mopping up to make sure there is not a rekindle later.

Comment bubble

"There were a lot of tools involved with this fire," he said." So the metal holds the heat. All of those tools got hot in the fire so it takes them a long time to cool down.

Loading ...